12 Jun 2017 - 13 Jun 2017
Tecnocampus Mataró-Maresme, Mataró (Barcelona), Spain
THE CONTRIBUTION OF WASTE TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND CLIMATE CHANGE.
Topics will include:
- Waste Management Models in Latin America Cities
- Diagnosis and context of waste management in the world.
- Technological, economic and social challenges.
- Challenges, opportunities and public-private collaboration.
- Latin American and European Experiences.
- Some details and data...:
- 19% percentage of municipalities with solid waste management plans
- 89% the regional average of collection coverage of RSU
- 55% the coverage of the final disposal service (in landfills) of RSU
- 2% estimation of RSU in which it is recycled within formal schemes
- 34,2 average collection unit costs estimated in USD per tonne harvested
- 20,4 average cost of final disposal in USD per metric ton
- 4M occupied in the informal sector, through urban recyclers
Website URL : http://seminariorelagres2017.org/?lang=en